Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Eating

July...

For a week in mid-July, I lived at Da Yi's house (25 min walking distance from Er Yi's house) while Er Yi and Grace went on vacation to India.

Every morning, my breakfast came on a tray and would look something like this:

Rice congee with a variety of side dishes including my favorite salty duck eggs.

Da Yi also has a large vegetable garden so I was lucky to eat as many organic vegetables as I wanted.

I was fond of this vegetable that leaked brilliant red juice when cooked.

Besides enjoying home-cooked food, July was also a month of edible exploits with friends from class around Taipei.

Taiwan Beer Factory Restaurant which we walked through torrential downpours to get to.

Even after spending a semester in the Czech Republic with some of the world's greatest beer, I must say Taiwan Gold Medal Beer nonetheless rates among my top five favorite beers.

The class at the factory.


Beer factory was actually only good for beer (food so-so), so we made a visit to Ding Tai Fong after for their famous soup dumplings. Interesting to see them make them but personally the best I've ever had are still Shanghai Cafe in New York's old Chinatown.

Robin happily enjoying a vegetable dumpling.

The end. Periodic food updates coming!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

And just when I thought all the sarcastic remarks were about to end.....

Maybe some other day.

Summer was great with you and I loved our quarrels over the big, the small, the miniscule, and anything that just ticks. Admittedly it was fun that got out of hand.

Peace out and good luck to the rest of your studies.

Anonymous said...

update your blog!